Sometimes you run into this situation when a git pull will responds with `Merge conflict in config.php`. How to solve this issue in a proper way? Let's have a look how other people solve similar issues, namely my friend Mr. Rafael Dohms. Quite a while ago he blogged about a similar problem on how to solve conflicts in Composer's lock file. This is what I learned from his blog post:
We have just released the first version of our magerun2 plugin "bitexpert/magerun2-list-api-endpoints". The plugin will print out a list of all defined webapi endpoints including their routes and defined resources. You are able to filter those routes by their respective HTTP method and name as well.
Auch dieses Jahr ist es wieder so weit! Am 13.10.2018 öffnet die bitExpert AG die Türen für die 5te unKonf. Wie in der Vergangenheit richtet sich die unKonf an interessierte Software-Entwickler die sich zu aktuellen Themen gemeinsam austauschen möchten.
I had a hard time getting the Axon.ivy Designer to run on my KDE Neon desktop. The designer application - basically a custom Eclipse build - starts fine but when I try to launch the browser view, the Eclipse instance crashes. Browsing the Eclipse bugtracker showed that this is a common problem or in other words "practically speaking the embedded browser widget is unusable" on a recent Linux version. It was proposed that installing libwebkitgtk-1.0 would fix the problem, but that did not work for me. Instead installing libwebkitgtk-3.0 and a minor tweak finally fixed the problem for me.
In a current Magento 2 project we are focussing on building a headless instance that communicates with a kind of PWA application. In such an environment testing the APIs via Postman makes sense and since the Magento 2 API is documented via Swagger, one can easily import the API definition into Postman. Here is how to do it with httpie:
When setting up Rancher via its Docker container, you are not able to configure SSL termination out-of-the-box. Instead the Rancher documentation gives some advice on how to set up SSL termination via nginx or Apache. But why would you install such a service on the host when Rancher is running in a container? Ideally the SSL proxy would also run in a container. Searching on Docker Hub for a solution, I found the dictcp/rancher-ssl image that provides exactly that. The set up is trivial.
In one of our projects we had the need to access a web application via a .dev domain. The application was shipped with a self-signed SSL certificate, usually not a big deal. But not this time. Chrome and Firefox both complained that the application was using a self-signed certificate, an error I have seen many times. But this time things were a bit different, neither Chrome nor Firefox offered the possibility to whitelist the server certificate because the website was using HSTS. I checked the webserver configuration for the HSTS configuration but could not find anything. It took me quite a while to remember having read about a change in Chrome which added the HSTS configuration for the .dev gTLD by default. Also Firefox made a similar change recently which I learned about while looking on how to solve the issue.
On 13 April 2018 we visited the React Amsterdam conference. The conference took place in the Kromhouthal, Amsterdam and is the biggest React conference worldwide. Two tracks were offered: General and React native.
In one of our projects we use Traefik as a reverse proxy together with nginx and gunicorn to run a Django app in a docker-based environment. When deployed to production, we wanted to make the Traefik UI accessible for the customer, but keep it secure from unwanted visitors. Fortunately, Traefik offers a very simple yet powerful configuration option, which we enabled in a traefik.toml configuration file:
After trying to upgrade our (very) old Tine 2.0 installation to the latest version of Tine 2.0, Tine 2.0 was not able to connect to our mailservers any more. After testing a few things, it became clear that the PHP IMAP module had problems with the SSL certificate we are using for our mailservers. Even though it is not a self-signed certificate, imap_open() failed to connect to the mailserver. After digging a bit in the Tine 2.0 sources, I found that peer verification can be disabled by setting the peerVerify flag to false. Since I could not find a UI setting in the Tine 2.0 setup for this option, the solution was simple: Look for the imap configuration in the tine20_config database table and add the peerVerify:false setting to the existing JSON object for the connection configuration.