Back at MageTestFest in Florence, I introduced the audience to a tool called Captain Hook for managing Git hooks. In the QA section of my talk, the question was raised why I have not recommended to use GrumPHP. A valid question since all the QA tools I talked about are already supported by GrumPHP out-of-the-box.
Last year I realized that Krunner, the launcher built into the KDE Plasma desktop is extendable by implementing a D-Bus service. I remembered that Derick Rethans once built a dbus extension for PHP5. Unfortunately there does not exist a "final" port of the extension to PHP7, but several people tried to fix most of the problems. I gave both the PHP7 & PHP5 version a try but got segfaults when sending data over D-Bus.
Following the blog post of Christian Münch in which he describes his setup in regard of improved bash command history management, I thought I'd share my setup as well. For years I have used a configuration I originally found in Rob Allen's blog. This gives me a context specific history at the bash prompt:
In a current Magento project we make heavy use of Elasticsearch via the smile/elasticsuite module. Elasticsearch is basically the first point of contact of the single-page application we have built on top of Magento. When we tried to make use of the existing Autocomplete features, we realized that partial word matching was not supported.
This years Web Developer Conference took place in Hotel Novotel in Munich City. The main topics covered PWAs, WebAssembly and Angular.
In a recent project the client asked us to remove a few of the defined dataproviders for the autocomplete functionality. The consolidated DI configuration of the autocomplete element looks like this:
Sometimes you run into this situation when a git pull will responds with `Merge conflict in config.php`. How to solve this issue in a proper way? Let's have a look how other people solve similar issues, namely my friend Mr. Rafael Dohms. Quite a while ago he blogged about a similar problem on how to solve conflicts in Composer's lock file. This is what I learned from his blog post:
We have just released the first version of our magerun2 plugin "bitexpert/magerun2-list-api-endpoints". The plugin will print out a list of all defined webapi endpoints including their routes and defined resources. You are able to filter those routes by their respective HTTP method and name as well.
Auch dieses Jahr ist es wieder so weit! Am 13.10.2018 öffnet die bitExpert AG die Türen für die 5te unKonf. Wie in der Vergangenheit richtet sich die unKonf an interessierte Software-Entwickler die sich zu aktuellen Themen gemeinsam austauschen möchten.
I had a hard time getting the Axon.ivy Designer to run on my KDE Neon desktop. The designer application - basically a custom Eclipse build - starts fine but when I try to launch the browser view, the Eclipse instance crashes. Browsing the Eclipse bugtracker showed that this is a common problem or in other words "practically speaking the embedded browser widget is unusable" on a recent Linux version. It was proposed that installing libwebkitgtk-1.0 would fix the problem, but that did not work for me. Instead installing libwebkitgtk-3.0 and a minor tweak finally fixed the problem for me.