Beginning of this week I was finally able to release a new version of Disco which comes with one major change besides from the fact that I rewrote the generator logic for the bean methods and fix a few edge-case issues in the bean creation process.
In previous versions of Disco, when using traits in your configuration class the annotations used within a trait would not always be evaluated correctly. As is turns out Doctrine Annotations - the CachedReader to be precise - had some issues with traits. Even though these issues got fixed, I decided to remove the usage of the CachedReader and to get rid of the doctrine/cache dependency. This means you are no longer able to configure a cache implementation via the BeanFactoryConfiguration class but the issues with annotations in traits are gone. Win!