Blog

Container-Interop support for Prophiler

The Container-Interop project tries to "identify and standardize features in container objects (service locators, dependency injection containers, etc.) to achieve interoperability". This hopefully will lead to a new PSR some day. Being a fan of Prophiler which is a PHP Profiler & Developer Toolbar, I thought it would be cool to display all the calls to the get() and has() methods exposed by the Container Interop project, see the ContainerInterface.


mehr lesen...


Eintrag von Stephan Hochdörfer am 27.10.2015

Prophiler PSR-7 Middleware

Prophiler is a PHP Profiler & Developer Toolbar which is part of the Phalcon project but can also be used as a stand-alone component, kind of like the Symfony Web Debug Toolbar or Z-Ray. What I like about Prophiler is that on the one hand it is super easy to install and on the other hand it offers a few nice adapters (e.g. PSR-3 logging or Doctrine integration) out-of-the-box.


mehr lesen...


Eintrag von Stephan Hochdörfer am 26.10.2015

Mobile Emulation in ChromeDriver

As it turns out there are not many options when it comes to running a Selenium node on a mobile device. So far selendroid.io seems the best solution but it never really worked in our Selenium infrastructure, so I was looking for an alternative and came across this website which shows how to use the Mobile Emulation feature of Chrome via Selenium. And this is how it works. Either define the name of the Mobile device as it is defined in Chrome:


mehr lesen...


Eintrag von Stephan Hochdörfer am 14.10.2015

The Composer Path Repository

Last week I gave my Composer for corporate use presentation at the code.talks 15 conference im Hamburg. In the section of my talk where I highlight how to work on multiple packages the same time (e.g. two applications sharing the same core functionality) I pointed to the audience to path repository feature of Composer. Unfortunately right after my session I began to realize that this is indeed the best feature we have out there when it comes to working on multiple packages the same time and to avoid the Satis or ToranProxy round trip. This is how it works: Add the following lines to your root composer.json file:


mehr lesen...


Eintrag von Stephan Hochdörfer am 06.10.2015

Configure Neo4J with Puppet

By starting a new project our team assembled a lightweight architecture application with the usage focused on Neo4J, a graph-based database. This is the first time we using a graph-based database and it was the first time to build up an automatic deployment process to install and configure the database.


mehr lesen...


Eintrag von Florian Horn am 29.09.2015

Sorting Custom Types in Sculpin

Recently I played around with Sculpin. Pretty quickly I ran into an issue: I created a custom data type called events and wanted to sort the events by date. It seemed not possible as I could not figure out how to influcence the sorting order in my twig template. By accident I came accross this issue on gihub in which Beau Simensen explains how to influence the sorting of the records. In a nutshell this is how it works: Create a file app/config/sculpin_services.yml:


mehr lesen...


Eintrag von Stephan Hochdörfer am 02.09.2015

Internet & Mobile World 2015

Vom 07.10.2015 bis zum 08.10.2015 findet in Bukarest die Konferenz Internet & Mobile World 2015 statt. Ich freue mich dabei zu sein und meinen Vortrag "The NoSQL Store everyone ignores: PostgreSQL" präsentieren zu können.


mehr lesen...


Eintrag von Stephan Hochdörfer am 26.08.2015

Symfony Live Berlin 2015

Vom 13.10.2015 bis zum 16.10.2015 findet in Berlin die Konferenz SymfonyLive Berlin 2015 statt. Ich freue mich dabei zu sein und meinen Vortrag "Microservices: Klein aber oho!" präsentieren zu können.


mehr lesen...


Eintrag von Stephan Hochdörfer am 20.08.2015

Running pdepend on PHP7

Being a good citizen of the PHP community we do test out internal libs against the current PHP7 codebase. So far we had no issues but then at one day one of our Jenkins PHP7 jobs failed. After investigating a bit it turned out that the problem was not part of our codebase but part of of pdepend. The pdepend process died with the error message that "T_CHARACTER and T_BAD_CHARACTER are no longer defined" which is true. The error was already reported as an issue on Github. As I do not like broken jobs in Jenkins I was looking for a fix which in the end was pretty easy. The basic idea was to skip the execution of pdepend in our Phing script when running on our PHP7 buildnodes.


mehr lesen...


Eintrag von Stephan Hochdörfer am 18.08.2015

ZendCon 2015

Vom 19.10.2015 bis zum 22.10.2015 findet in Las Vegas die Konferenz ZendCon 2015 statt. Ich freue mich dabei zu sein und meine Vorträge "Micro Services: Packs small, plays BIG!" und "HTML5 offline mobile apps: Real world insights" präsentieren zu können.


mehr lesen...


Eintrag von Stephan Hochdörfer am 12.08.2015

Diese Webseite verwendet Cookies, um die Bedienfreundlichkeit zu erhöhen. Mit der Nutzung unserer Webseite wird das Einverständnis erklärt, dass wir Cookies verwenden. Weitere Informationen.