After migrating our old LDAP Server to a new instance, we realized that the EntryUUID attribute had changed. One of our internal applications relies on that attribute so we had to modify it to not break things.
Since more than one year we moved from eGroupWare to Tine 2.0. After using eGroupWare for more than 5 years it was time to look for an alternative. Integrating Tine 2.0 into our it infrastructure was no big deal, it was even possible to connect it to our central LDAP server. The LDAP sync of Tine 2.0 is designed in a way to copy all user and group information from the LDAP server into the local Tine 2.0 database. The sync process is triggered via a cronjob. Since we have a lot of LDAP groups for the various applications we use, I was looking for a way to filter groups that should be synced. I realized there was no way of ignoring certain groups so I changed my plan and added some custom code which would at least hide the groups.