Sometimes we get data from customers as Excel files. These are then converted to JSON files to be able to be processed further. In the past, this was often a cumbersome task with many manual steps. With SQLite, we made this much easier and reduced the number of needed steps.
A little while ago I had to dive deeper into the performance optimized usage of PHPExcel. Our users are uploading files like Excel or CSV with a lot data to process. Initially we used the PHPEXcel instance without any tuning of the default configuration which lead to heavy memory issues on relativly small files. So I had to avoid reading all file content at ones to the buffer (like file_get_contents() does).