In one of our projects we had the need to access a web application via a .dev domain. The application was shipped with a self-signed SSL certificate, usually not a big deal. But not this time. Chrome and Firefox both complained that the application was using a self-signed certificate, an error I have seen many times. But this time things were a bit different, neither Chrome nor Firefox offered the possibility to whitelist the server certificate because the website was using HSTS. I checked the webserver configuration for the HSTS configuration but could not find anything. It took me quite a while to remember having read about a change in Chrome which added the HSTS configuration for the .dev gTLD by default. Also Firefox made a similar change recently which I learned about while looking on how to solve the issue.
As it turns out there are not many options when it comes to running a Selenium node on a mobile device. So far selendroid.io seems the best solution but it never really worked in our Selenium infrastructure, so I was looking for an alternative and came across this website which shows how to use the Mobile Emulation feature of Chrome via Selenium. And this is how it works. Either define the name of the Mobile device as it is defined in Chrome:
Google Chrome 43, which was released in mid-May, has introduced several problems for applications using the ExtJS 4.x or the Sencha Touch 2.x frameworks. For example, the 'painted' event is no longer fired, list components cannot be scrolled, submenu items disappear, and the loadmask no longer plays the spinning animation. This is mainly caused by the removal of the formerly deprecated 'overflowchanged' event. As a reaction, Sencha has offered three overrides, which need to be required in app.js. The overrides can be found here.
For more than 1,5 years I rely on reveal.js for my presentations and so far the setup works quite fine for me. However there was one thing which I wanted to change: After launching the built-in webserver via Grunt I needed to launch my browser (Chrome) manually. To sharpen my Grunt skills I went out to find a solution. In the end it turned out to be rather simple ;) - I came across the grunt-open package which allows us to "open urls and files from a grunt task". This is how I set things up: