In my recent talk on introducing Disco - the DI container with the damn coolest name(tm) - I talk about why I believe that using XML or any other non-code configuration (YAML, JSON, ...) is not a good idea. This stirred some twitter discussion recently which led to this blog post.
Last week we released Disco version 0.9.0 with a few new features and unfortunatly some BC breaks. The BC breaks are all covered in the upgrade guide, but I would like to discuss them in greater detail to give you a better understanding why those changes happened:
Finally PSR-11 - the Container standard - got approved by the PHP FIG. To celebrate this fact I just merged a PR to make Disco PSR-11 compatible. The latest 0.8.0 release is compatible with the 0.7.0 relase. The only difference being that 0.7.0 relies on the container-interop standard and the 0.8.0 release relies on the PSR-11 standard.
Beginning of this week I was finally able to release a new version of Disco which comes with one major change besides from the fact that I rewrote the generator logic for the bean methods and fix a few edge-case issues in the bean creation process.
Yesterday I was finally able to release a new version of Disco which comes with 4 major changes that I want to highlight briefly in this blog post.
One problem with releasing open-source components is that code is not the only thing you should care about. Without a decent documentation no one is able to use your component. Sad to say we are guilty as well, e.g. the documentation for Disco our annotation-based PHP Dependency Injection container lacks in in-depth documentation.mehr lesen...
Last week when I was in Miami to speak at the SunshinePHP 2016 conference I took the time to prepare the version 0.2.0 release of our PHP DI container called Disco. This release features 2 important changes which I want to highlight in this blog post.
In the past few weeks I built a few cli applications with Symfony Console and Disco, the DI container we open sourced last year. I wanted to figure ouf if we run into issues with Disco that we need to work on. The main script looks like this:
Last week we open-sourced our DI container called Disco (Dependency Injection Container). The general feedback on Twitter was really good, especially since we decided to go down the "Annotation" route which a lot of people do not really like (me included). Relying on a single class for the configuration seems a bit limited but traits will come in pretty handy. Let me show you what I mean.
For years I speak at conferences about Dependency Injection. 5 years ago at pfCongres 2010, I started my speaking career with talking about Dependency Injection in the real world. Today, 5 years later am I am finally able to push our own implementation to Github. This is a completely different version compared to what I talked about 5 years ago but still it might be useful for some of you.