Vom 23.01.2015 bis zum 24.01.2015 findet in Antwerpen bereits zum sechsten Mal in Folge die phpBenelux Konferenz statt. Ich freue mich als Sprecher mit meinem Vortrag "Microservices: Packs small, plays BIG!" dabei sein zu dürfen.mehr lesen...
Vom 24.03.2015 bis zum 25.03.2015 findet im Phantasialand, Brühl zum zweiten Mal die Konferenz JavaLand 2015 statt. Die Konferenz gilt als das "Event der Java-Community für die Java-Community". Ich freue mich dabei sein zu dürfen und meinen Vortrag "PostgreSQL: Die NoSQL Datenbank die niemand kennt" präsentieren zu können. Mit dem Vortrag werde ich aufzeigen wie man PostgreSQL als NoSQL Datenbank einsetzen kann und erörten warum dies in bestimmten Situationen durchaus Sinn machen kann.mehr lesen...
About a year and a half ago Fabien Potencier announced the PHP Security Advisories Database initiative. Part of the initiative the SensioLabs Security Advisories Checker (beta) website came to life. The website and the api behind it makes it very easy to check your composer.lock file for dependencies which "have issues". Either upload your composer.lock file to the website or use the CLI tool to communicate with the api directly. About 2 weeks ago Fabien took the next step forward and announced that the Security Advisories Database is distributed as public domain and as such can now be "controlled" by the community.
I recently made a mistake. I upgraded Kubuntu to the latest version. At first glance everything looked fine, however I quickly realized that something went wrong when I tried to use Eclipse. Opening some dialogs made Eclipse segfault. Reinstalling Eclipse did not work so I took the route to the Eclipse bugtracker and found bug #440660. As it seems the Oxygen GTK theme which is used by KDE to make GTK application "look nice" is incompatible with the Eclipse SWT library. Swichting to another GTK theme was not an option. Luckily the bug report shows a work-a-round to fix the problem:
Am Donnerstag den 16.10.2014 trifft sich die RheinMainJS Usergroup ab 19 Uhr bei //SEIBERT/MEDIA in Wiesbaden. Ich bin als Sprecher dabei und werde in meinem Vortrag "ExtJS 5 MVVM - WTF? FTW!" auf die neuen Features von ExtJS5 eingehen und von unseren Projekterfahrungen berichten.mehr lesen...
Recently we converted one of project to use Vagrant Rsync Folders instead of the default VirtualBox shared folders setup. After running the vagrant rsync-auto command for a while we realized that the symlinks in Composers ./vendor/bin/ where replaced with the content of the previously symlinked files. This made the commands unusable.
After a bit of investigation is was clear what was happening: Vagrant does not by default pass the -l flag to rsync which means symlinks are not preserved (even though the vendor folder was not copied to the guest vm). To fix this we had to adjust the rsync options by setting the rsync__args for the folder to:
Since quite a while Vagrant has support for syncing folders via rsync. While it is quite easy to set things up on a linux box, I was struggling a bit to get things going on a windows host. As the vagrant docs recommended I installed rsync and ssh client via the Cygwin package. After running "vagrant up" I got an error from the Vagrant rsync plugin stating "No such file or directory". Via Google search I came across a bug report on Github. As it turns out the problem seems to occur because Vagrant "tries to be smart and detect the environment but it obviously doesn't work reliably". The proposed solution is to patch the Vagrant ruby sources. You have to edit the file C:\HashiCorp\Vagrant\embedded\gems\gems\vagrant-1.6.3\plugins\synced_folders\rsync\helper.rb and change line 43 to:
Recently I needed to run a script on server via SSH. To automate things I wanted to execute the script via Phing. The command I wanted to execute looked like this:
Recently we were in the need to create (and host) an own npm module. Setting up a private repository with sinopia seemed like a bit too much work for hosting just a single npm package. So I decided to use the built-in functionality of npm to directly refer to a git repository in the package.json file. This worked fine on "my machine" but failed on my co-workers machine. It turned out that we were both using the same version of nodejs and npm but we were running different versions of git. I had a recent version of git running. My co-worker`s git version was pretty old (1.7.x). I advised that we should upgrade git any try again. And guess what, after the upgrade npm install worked perfectly fine.